2001 Ram 2500 stereo speaker wiring....

Anyone out there know which wires feed the speakers in this trck? I'd rather not have to remove the door panels and be able to connect the speakers currently
installed under the dash. I can go on and explain why but I figured I'd try to get a quick simple answer first.
And yes...I did consider selling the truck and buying one that already had the speakers connected. :^)
Laszlo Almasi
Ok, I found the old speakers and it seems the amp is integrated into the speaker. Large 10 pin conn that comes from the radio/cd player. I'm wondering if I can use this amp to power the speakers decent enough until I replace the entire system later in the year. Any thoughts?
Laszlo Almasi

Laz, ya might want to talk to Larry (AZWiley). He's the guy ya want on radio and stuff, He's on the chevy group.
Roy
On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 13:41:28 -0500, Roy wrote:

Larry's not reading this group anymore???
now that ya mention it i do think its been a while since i seen a post from him.
--
Chris

Nope, guess he grew tired of some of the bs.

Carolina Watercraft Works wrote in message ...

http://www.installdr.com /

You beat me to it while I was typing.
--
Ken

Carolina Watercraft Works wrote:

If it's the Infinity system each front door speaker has an amp mounted on it. If it's a QC, the rear door speakers are wired through the front door speaker amps too. The head unit doesn't have enough power to drive regular speakers without an amp being added.
For wiring info see: http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/DCP-Wiring.pdf
--
Ken

Carolina Watercraft Works wrote:

Why not just buy a wire harness from your local car stereo shop? About $10 and just plug it in, no splicing and all wire functions are labeled for you.
Well, I had an aftermarket system installed a while back with 5 amps and all....long story short...sold the truck...bought it back for less than i sold it for and the tranny got rebuilt and the radiator replaced...but the guy took the amps and crossovers...but left the seperates in place. Sooo.....I was able to take the speaker mounted amps and hooked up my speakers in place of the OEM units. It ended up being easier than I thought and now I can have some tunes. Problem now is that getting some music back, albeit no where near as good as the system I installed, I do have radio (cd too) but now I'm reminded that Raleigh's radio stations suck. LOL
Laszlo Almasi

Ain't that the truth

TBone wrote:

Just like here in DFW. Either the DJ talking about station events or there are commercials. But hey, that's what CD's are for.
Bob