2001 RAM Stereo Double Din

Greetings,

I have a 2001 RAM QC, and I would like to replace the stereo head unit with a double din A/V system.

Obviously there is not enough room without moving the vents around, but has anyone done this?

Thanks,

David

Reply to
David Bauman

Yes, I have and it is not that easy. You have to cut the dash opening bigger, you have to cut the dash trim bezel bigger. These two openings do line up directly when you start to cut them. You will have to make your own mounting brackets and your own radio trim ring out of ABS because you will have large gaps on the sides.

Honestly, it is a time consuming pain and you really are better off staying with Din and 1/2"

Reply to
azwiley1

As the other guy said, you would be better off staying with either a stereo that's the same size as the original, like the pioneer units, or, better yet, a normal DIN stereo, where your choice is endless..

BDK

Reply to
BDK

I just did a quick search on the Crutchfield website, and they claim to have several in-dash DVD players that fit. Your best bet is to check the website for model numbers, capabilities, etc and price --- and then start comparison shopping.

BTW, I don't have any connection with Crutchfield -- just a satisfied customer. Hope this helps, Mark

Reply to
Mark Sparge