2001 RAM Water Pump replace hours

Threaded View

How long should it take a reasonable mechanic to replace the water
pump on a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. Has Air and PS?

Parts will cost less than $100.00 so need just the labor information.

Thanks
Bob  AZ

Re: 2001 RAM Water Pump replace hours

Alldata shows 2.3 hours for the pump. Don't forget to replace the by-
pass hose while you're in there.

Denny

Re: 2001 RAM Water Pump replace hours

And don't forget to reconnect the hose from that goes from the fuel
filler to the tank; I got unleaded all over my dress shoes once due to
that!!

Re: 2001 RAM Water Pump replace hours

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 07:44:41 -0700 (PDT), 9DodgeFan

Gee, I've never had to disconnect the fuel filler hose to replace a
water pump! <g>

Note to 9DodgeFan: Stand back when filling!

Re: 2001 RAM Water Pump replace hours

Same here but I just figured the ole boy was on a fishing trip....

Denny