2001 Trip Odometer

I purchased a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT that was not equiped with the overhead Trip Odometer system. I purchased the unit and wiring harness off eBay. When
I connected it all up, the rear dome light now stays on all the time. Otherwise, the trip odometer system works fine. Does anyone know why?
Thank you
Jim Rojas

I'd guess you're new harness as bypassed the switch to the rear dome light and it's now getting 12v to the bulb all the time.
What did you think the problem was?
I was thinking that since I didn't have this feature originally with the truck, that a wire on the harness plug needs to be moved to another location for it to work properly.
Jim Rojas