2002 Dakota heater & A/c Controls don't work?

I have a 2002 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab and my A/C & Heater fan motor does not work.

I think it is the resistor, but who can tell with all the electronics on a vehicle any more.

What has happened is, my fan kept getting slower and slower, and now I have no fan at all. The mode controls work, the A/C button lights comes on when you push it on. I can even hear the A/C compressor cycle on and off, but again no blower motor.

Anyone want to please give me some input.

I did check the fuses to be sure that it was good.

THANKS !!!

Reply to
Ed & Sherri

What do you mean by slower and slower? Has this been happening over time and what happens if you set the control to full fan speed?

Reply to
TBone

My wife stated that she thought the fan was not cooler like it used to.

I am not sure if it did get slower and slower, but if I put the fan on any position now, I get nothing. No fan noise and no air out of the vents.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Reply to
Ed & Sherri

Suddenly, without warning, Ed & Sherri exclaimed (03-Oct-05 12:40 PM):

Well, this sorta sounds like your blower motor resistor has blown. Welcome to the club, you have lots of company! Do a Google on this group for this and you'll find tons of posts.

My 2001's on it's third now. My first lasted for about 3 years, then I lost the replacement in merely 10 months.

jmc

Reply to
jmc