2002 Dakota heavy payload brake smell?

taking a stab but maybe a toyota truck?

still dont know what the hell a toyota has to do with a dodge dakota but heck he probably could tell the diff if he got hit by each of them.

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Who else? The same person that does his knock sensors...

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

That's what the repo man says after you don't make a few loan payments. "Ya waz bee hind on yer pay-mints, so we toad ya trck."

Reply to
Nosey

No, no, no!! You people don't pay attention!!! The IDIOT has been beating us to death for quite some time with stories of some indestructable "BURB" Now we have a "BURG" Gotta be some new snow plow truck he just invented. Wait a minute! Remember that the friggin rabbit spent his vacation with the Idiot and they had "the machine"? Well with the rabbits love for WC sliders or "burger's", maybe the Idiot wants some WC and is saying "burg" Snoese for burger maybe?

Reply to
Roy

Possibly. That's kind of a stretch, but certainly not impossible.

Make sure you have enough fluid in the diff. Jack up the rear and shake the tires. They shouldn't be loose.

Chiltons isn't bad. But I bought the factory service manual. More expensive, but much more detailed.

Reply to
.boB

*If* says it's speculation.

Where did you read that Snoman suspected the e-brake? "I'll agree with Snoman (to a point) about suspecting the e-brake."

A vehicle standard was the example. The age of the 4x4 burg is irrelevant.

"Another thought... does your truck have a load-sensing proportioning valve?"

Since you don't know if the Dakota even has that valve, can we say you invented it?

"The solution is get a bigger truck, install bigger brakes, carry less load or brake more conservatily when carrying extra weight."

That's a tradein recommendation?

Now _that_ was a good example of bad advice. You ought to stick to the good examples.

I wonder why azwiley1 isn't.

Reply to
Beryl

Go find someone else to play with... no interest here.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Is there some problem with what I wrote?

Reply to
Beryl

"One time I overloaded the truck. When I got it home, a smell of burning brakes(?) was coming from it."

Reply to
Beryl