2002 Dakota Rough Idle Fuel Cleaning

I had the dealer do the throttle body and injectors cleaned because of a rough idle. How long should it be before I feel a difference?

If that was the cause of the problem, you should feel an immediate difference.
Mike

If you are asking now for when this happens, there is something else the matter too!

One of the first things to check on a rough idle is the throttle position sensor. Mine went bad at 20k miles. If it is the TPS, it will cost you $$$ down the road if not corrected now.
Twix wrote:

My 2002 Dodge Dakota Lemon does the same thing. It's the computer calling for a low idle. Two dealers refused to fix it so I filled a lemon law suite. It cost Daimler chrysler $6000.
JAM

Right away.
Other common possible causes include vacuum leak, IAC motor, and ignition problems. From what I hear most Dodges will benefit from hi-perfomance coil... I put Accel coil in my 99 Durango and it solved my rough idle when cold...
Peter

Which engine do you have BTW...
If you are asking me. 2002 Dakota has the 3.9L v6

when