2002 dakota starters

are the starter and solenoid together or is the solenoid on the firewall?????

Reply to
krazi4ass

Integrated.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

tom....thanks alot....big help

Reply to
krazi4ass

my father-n-laws truck would not start for 2 days....all you would get is a single click....went back to change the starter and the damn thing fired right over.....what could this be the start of?

Reply to
krazi4ass

It could very well be a problem with the starter. However, a buddy of mine and I chased an intermittent start problem on his truck for several days. We finally determined the starter relay was not activating all the time, and then ultimately traced this back to a bad ground.

Electrical problems, especially the intermittent ones, are never fun to track down.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

man....my father-n-laws truck is makeing a starter clicking noise again.....it wont turn over....he replaced the starter last year....could it have gone up again....or could it be something else? Also is the starter located on the drivers side right behind the tire? I think it is...but not sure.......Really could use alot of help on this one...THANKS

Reply to
krazi4ass

How old is the battery? Any corrosion on the cables? Check the simple easy stuff first before you replace components. That being said, could a starter go out after a year? Sure, if it's a crappy rebuild.

Reply to
NapalmHeart

thatnks....i checked it all but it still is acting up......

Reply to
krazi4ass

Reply to
dakotaownwer