2002 Dodge Dakota A/C question

Hi, I have a 2002 Dodge Dakota 4X4 truck and when ever I use the air conditioner, the passenger side floor gets saturated. A friend of mine thought it might be the heater coil, but it appears to be just water on the floor. No smell or sign of antifreeze. Can someone tell me why this is happening and how I can fix it? Thank you.

Reply to
Billinnj

The drain is plugged up and what you are seeing is the condensation from the AC evaporator coil. I'm not sure where it is on the Dakota but I would guess that it is on the passenger side firewall down close to the bottom.

Reply to
TBone

Sounds like condensation from an UN-insulated piece of ductwork to me. Hope this helps.

Reply to
Theoldbag

Thank you for your help Tbone and Theoldbag, I will check those things and let you know what I find. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Reply to
Billinnj