2002 Dodge Dakota rough idle

HI,
I have developed a rough idle on my truck. Just purchased it used. It has 88000 miles on it. Have tried the obvious so far, air filter etc. Also a
stalling problem when a load is applied. Any suggestions? Fuel additives? Fuel Filter?
Thank you,
What engine do you have? The 5.9L 360 idles a bit rough and is normal.
John Smith Jones wrote:

John Smith Jones wrote:

Engine? When does it idle rough? Variable rpm's? When was the last time the throttle body was cleaned? Was it idling rough before you bought it?
--
.boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!

Did you check the plugs. The 4.7L will run like crap if the gap on the plugs are not perfect.

Answering the questions possed
3.9L V6
No it didn't idle bad when I boughtit. I have tried twice with gas and fuel cleaners Idles rough when it starts and I am sitting. When you put a load on the engine such as backing up or turning wheel. It has stalled several times.

Kar Klean wrote:

My 01 Ram did this just before the battery went dead. Have yours tested.
Bob