2002 dodge ram 1500 can't open hood, cable broken at hood latch, help

I had to replace the battery in my 2002 Dodge Ram 1500. When I released the hood latch in the cab of the truck I noticed it released but did not spring back like
it usually did. I opened the hood and removed the battery and didn't think about the hood release. I had to get a new battery and without thinking closed the hood. When I returned I couldn't get back under the hood. I've been stuck since trying to figure a way to release the hood from the latch. I can see through the grill and cable is definitely separated from the latch. Any guidance you could offer would be greatly appreciated.