2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Radio Code

Hi
My dad has a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500; he recently disconnected the battery when working on his truck and since putting it back in we cannot get the radio to work. We have called the person who sold us the truck
(second hand) but he doesnt know either. Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks
If it is a factory radio, the code should be in your owners manual. If it is an aftermarket radio, i.e. Kenwood and such, get the make and model and call that manufacture. They are the only ones that would be able to provide you with the code for it, unfortunately a dealer can't help with something that is not factory.

Hi
We dont have the owners manual with the truck - it is a factory radio though. The truck was imported to the UK from the US and the manual didnt come with it. Any ideas on how I can find this out??
Thanks
azwiley1 wrote:

Hi
We dont have the owners manual with the truck - it is a factory radio though. The truck was imported to the UK from the US and the manual didnt come with it. Any ideas on how I can find this out??
Thanks
azwiley1 wrote:

DC1981 wrote:

You might try going to your dealer with the VIN. I don't know about older vehicles, but they were able to tell who farted near my truck on the assembly line. I was surprised at the level of detail they had.
Craig C.
Hi
We dont have the owners manual with the truck - it is a factory radio though. The truck was imported to the UK from the US and the manual didnt come with it. Any ideas on how I can find this out??
Thanks
azwiley1 wrote:

Once the battery is reconnected, it should power right up. Did you happen to try to jump start the vehicle and connect the cables backwards? Did you check the fuse? There a several fuses for the radio. A power fuse and a memory fuse. If both fuses are OK, pull them both and waith five minutes and reconnect them.
Hope this helps!
Mike

Thanks for everyone's help! It seems the radio was working fine he just didnt have it tuned properly!! Bit of a DUH moment for him there!