2002 Dodge Ram 1500 - shakes over 65 MPH

The problem is my 2002 Dodge ram 1500 shakes when ever I'm on the Frwy going over 65 MPH. I have 20 Inch Goodyear eagle tires and I get them rotated evry 5,000 miles or so. I took my truck to Dodge and they said
stop the shakinging I need to replace the front 2 tires and get allignemnt for all 4 tires. Has anyone else has a similar problem? DO you think this will fix the problem?
In this form what ever anybody tells you, somebody will kill the post and soon, the your full of crap war starts. Give up now ! How much do you drive this truck ?
funson wrote:

first without seeing your tires or truck its impossible to tell if it will fix your problem
second. a thrust angle alignment probably wouldnt hurt, im assuming there is wear that would make them suspect an alignment problem. now keep in mind there are a whole host of other things that can go wrong with the front end of a vehcile that would cause a shimmy/shake.
if your concerned about the advice they gave you. surely there's another dodge dealer that could check it out, and give you a second opinion.
--
-Chris
05 CTD
funson wrote:

wear, so check the CV boots if you have significant mileage on the truck. I'm recommending if so, to read the following do-it-yourself Oct/05 article at http://partsource.ca on CV shaft difficulty rated "mother-in-laws do it": http://partsource.ca/doityourself/JOM_Oct2005.asp , and don't forget to do the While You're At It, Here Are Some Other Jobs To Consider:
* Wheel seals * Wheel bearings * Transaxle seal * Ball joints * Tie rod ends part
also http://www.motorvate.ca/mvp.php/401 which provides pictures and more involved step-by-step how-to rachel
HHmm....CV boots on a Ram? Not. While he has a point, the Rams don't have CV joints so that's not your problem. Consider another shop that does wheel alignments and if possible, have them do something called load balance...this actually places a load on the tires as it checks its balance. Also, have them verify that the wheels themselves are not bent or warped. If the tires are worn enough, you may want to consider replacing them but if not, check them out. A broken belt/cord internally would also show up under a load balance.
Laszlo Almasi

'02 1500 - IFS - half shafts - CV boots, yes.

Some do. This happens to be one of them.
Oh really? I was under the impression that model didn't have the CV joints....if they do then my bad. However, I'd look into the items I mentioned before you start tearing into anything that may not even need it.
Laszlo Almasi