2002 Dodge Ram Brake LIte,ABS+Speedometer

I have a 2002 ram 1500 Quad cab 4wd. Brake lite and ABS are lit also the speedometer jumps around untill the veichle moves. When truck is moving speedometer works fine.With engine not started or with engine running speedometer jumps all over the place. Brakes are working fine.Inspected rotors and pads all O.K. No leaks and fluid levels good.

Reply to
mste8779

You appear to be one of the ones with either a defective rear wheel speed sensor or bad wiring going to it. The sensor is located on top of the rear axle on top of the pumpkin.

Reply to
TBone

I am now having this same problem with a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500...the ABS light and brake light stay on constantly, the speedometer jumps erratically until the speed gets above 30 mph...and the cruise control turns itself off immediately after turning it on. I was told about the speed sensor on the rear differential and changed it....with no results. Someone, please PLEASE help me....my warranty ran out about 1000 miles ago and can't afford to take it to the dealership...

Reply to
dogginallday