2002 Dodge Ram Starting problems....

I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 and the problem I am having is that every time I try to start it and it just cranks and cranks until I have to pump the gas pedal to get it to start. Then after it starts you can smell that it is flooded. I took it to a mechanic and 600 bucks later it is still doing the same thing. He changed my fuel pump and I thought it would fix it. As soon as I took it home it was still doing the same thing. The thing is sometimes when it is real cold it does not do it. But I can get it warm and it will just crank and crank until I pump the gas. The fuel pump kicks on but I think the pressure is leaking off. My dad checked the pressure as soon as you hit the key a little gas shoots out but does not keep shooting out. He has the same truck and the gas continually shoots out when you hit the key. Does anybody have any ideas it has been doing this for a year now and I have tried everything. Any suggestions would be great.

Reply to
xray6198

Yeah you paid the mechanic to repair the problem, not change out parts.

***
Reply to
GeekBoy