2002 Ram 1500 A/C Problems

S/B Single cab. Problem is the ac works great on the drivers side but blows warm air on the passenger side....... any clues?

S/B Single cab. Problem is the ac works great on the drivers side but blows warm air on the passenger side....... any clues?
Likely one of the vaccuum controlled flaps is stuck - perhaps a vac motor has failed. Pretty much have to remove the dash to get at those....NOT a fun job or a DIY one for most people. Hope I'm wrong.
On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 17:09:00 -0400, curmudgeon wrote:

Isn't a 2002 a DR truck(3rd gen)? or atleast the 1/2 tons were??? If thats the case then its electric motors that run the doors and they had a few problems with them going out. seems to me that there's one in particular that controls pass side temp that'd go bad.....I may be wrong about the style truck though. the BR/BE (2nd gen) was vac controlled IRRC.
--
Chris

Yep
I think they went to a servo-controlled blend door in '98. Prior to that, the blend door was mechanically actuated. The mode door was always vacuum-controlled.

Lots of info. here: http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/showthread.php?t 6452
Yep! I pulled part of the dash and it is electric servos..... AAARRRGGGGGG Just my luck. But for now I will just have to deal with it... From my last excursion into the dash this will be a all day job for me... maybe more. Thank all of you for your help!!