2003 Air Conditioning problem solved

After moving to the Arizona desert, my air conditioner was no longer up to the task of cooling the cab of my truck. I brought it back to the dealer under the warranty. I picked it up a few days later and was told it was working as designed. I argued that there must be a problem, but they told me I had to live with it. That was in June. A few weeks ago I got into an accident. My bumper damaged the condenser, so it was replaced. Much unlike New York, the insurance company was not required to pay for OEM parts. The body shop assured me that the condenser is an exact replica of the OEM. So, an aftermarket condenser was installed. I was not happy, but I figured if the AC didn't work, I would pester the body shop with warranty repairs and would eventually put in the OEM condenser to make the problem go away. So here's the twist ending to the story. I pick up my truck, since this is the desert, Avondale is a lovely 105. Within a few minutes, the cab is an ice box. Wow. I ask the GM of the body shop, and he tells me the AC work is done in-house, and not sub-let to another shop. I don't know if this is a better condenser, or the local Dodge dealer's mechanics aren't as good as the body shop's mechanics. Whether it's the part or the mechanics' abilities, I'm disappointed with Dodge. I had better luck with another dealer in Glendale. Looks like I'll deal with the extra 30 minute drive to go there from now on.

Reply to
John