2003 Dakota stiff manual transmission

Over the last couple of months, the gearbox has gotten progressively stiffer and stiffer. At first it was only when cold, now it is difficult to shift between any gears. This crewcab 4x4 with the 4.7L and 5-spd box
has about 65k miles. Has anyone dealt with this issue before? Any suggestions?
justaskit wrote:

Change the gear oil and make sure its the right viscosity. When was it last changed?
About 3 months ago. Shop swore it used the correct oil. I guess it's a relatively cheap way to check the theory though.
justaskit wrote:

Check your owners manual. I took my car to a quick lube place and they put what their computer told them too. Very difficult to shift when I got it back. Just would not go into gear very easily. Took it back and told them what to put in and it then shifted smooth.