2003 Hemi Ram red stuff in oil filler?

Well, I was checking my oil and stuff while I was adding washer fluid this morning, and for the first time, at 33K, I was down to the add mark on the dipstick, so I went to add a half quart of Mobil 1. When I
unscrewed the oil filler cap, there was a little moisture inside, just clear water drops, no "scuzz", but the entire inside of the filler cap was coated with this brick red stuff, almost like it's painted on. It's not rust, and it doesn't rub off with a paper towel. I've never seen anything like it before.
Is this the way it normally is, or is this something I should ask about when I take it to the dealer for it's last visit before the bumper to bumper warranty expires?
TIA,
BDK
If I were you I would ask the dealer because if it is something that your warranty covers it is a lot cheaper to get it fixed no money out of your pocket.
BDK wrote:

On my old 2003 2500 Hemi the red stuff was chunks of Fords it had swallowed up and spat out.
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

LOL, it sure killed my friend's 5.4 F150 in a little race on private land. That thing's a slug.
BDK
BDK wrote:

TB?
--
.boB
On Order: 2006 FXDI, Red.

Hmm. maybe..
BDK

Is it safe to say that at 33k miles you have never changed the oil and/or filter?
FMB

LOL, the oil has been changed every 3K, with Mobil 1, and yes the filter too.
It was the first time I ADDED any oil between changes, and I don't do it myself any more, too much of a hassle and I have a bad shoulder..
I'm going to mention it to the dealer and also see if I can check my neighbor's 2004 to see if it is the same.
BDK