2003 Ram 1500 tranny

Have a tranny whine that is beginning to be noticible in my truck. Under steady state freeway driving it seems to build up then go away then repeat over a period of less than a minute. This is normally on level surface but can and does occur also on hills both up and down.

Ideas. Nearing 36k so will take it in, but just wondering about possibilities.

Gary

Reply to
gary

Are you sure that it is the tranny and not the rear axle.

Reply to
TBone

No, not really. Assumption on my part.

Gary

Reply to
gary

I would check that first. You really need to determine what conditions the noise occurs and where it is coming from.

Reply to
TBone