2003 Ram 1500 tranny update

Well took the service writer on a short trip to have him hear what I was hearing in the tranny/rear end. He says that all the trucks have a range of speed at which this whine develops.
Sounds plausible but also sounds like "don't bother us, your warrantee is out in less than 800 miles".
Don't remember hearing it originally or even in the first 30k miles. Only recently.
Input?
Gary

Huh? You're got 7/70 on the powertrain...
"gary" wrote:

Only two things are likely to cause it, the front pump or the torque converter in that order. Some make a little noise anyway but if it has changed over time it is a small cause for concern and you should get it documented.

In other words, "They all do that." Go over to his used lot, find an '03 Ram 1500 with about as many miles, take a test drive with him riding along. If that truck doesn't do it, tell him you want him to make your truck like that one.
Matt Roberds
You need to go to another service department. That was a bunch of crap. Their job is to try to minimize as much warranty work as possible.
I had a a whine on a 98 ram and it turn out to be a pinion bearing in my rear axle.
Don't get "psychologied" by the service department. Stand your ground and make some noise. Escalate to the manager if that doens't work esaclate to the dealership manager.
Also, find a good mechanic, ask around, and get a non Chrysler evaluation done. Get it documented and tkae back to the dealership.
Steve