2003 RAM 2500 Diesel towing do's and don'ts

Page 4 of 4
Max Dodge wrote:

Why bother giving a dang what your neighbor thinks? He has no right to tell you what you can and can't do.

Very true indeed. Trashed neighborhoods that have a "I can do anything I want" attitude are horrible and often go down the tubes. Come visit south Phoenix, Guadalupe, or parts of Glendale, AZ and you'll see what I mean. People have total disregard for their neighbors and the area shows the consequences of that attitude.

So lets get this straight.... the cable guy comes home in the company truck, but nothing is said. The Electric company tech comes home in the compay vehicle, and nothing is said. (Dad did it for years, nobody said a thing). But the second the "company vehicle" is a Kenworth, its a problem?? I could see it if the guy dragged all manner of trailers into a residential district (operation) or if he allowed it to idle for long periods of time (operation) or if he made excessive noise at inappropriate times (operation), but the mere presence is what is against code. Thats bullshit.
Again, the PRESENCE of a Kenworth isn't the problem, its the operation of said vehicle that is the problem. In this scenario, if it were a gun, we'd agree that the mere presence of a gun is not a problem. How that gun is used IS the problem.
--
Max

snipped-for-privacy@robcoleman.ca wrote:

in 3rd until you need 4

When you have the time, consider a fuel pressure gauge. Some '03s had issues with the lift pump on the back of the fuel filter housing going out and supplying 0psi to the expensive pump. The expensive pump soon dies leaving you on the side of the road. Consider upgrading your fuel pump with a Walbro. Loads of info from DTR and you can purchase their Glacier Kit if you are so inclined. I was, and did.
http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/index.php
FMB ('03 HO QC 6sp 4wd LB, leaving in the morning with my first wife and an Arctic Fox 24-5N for a week of R&R)