2003 Ram Hemi-Spark Plug Replacement

Page 3 of 4
Uh, Tom, how can you see those plugs from where you are? What gap are you talking about? They're Bosh Plus 4 Platinums. Show us how to adjust the gap
on a SURFACE GAP PLUG, mister mechanic ( Note deliberate lack of capitalization).
Budd

Well Budd, as I can see, some things never change and you wonder why you get attacked the way that you do. I try to be nice and instead of simply saying that the plugs that you used were a surface gap plug that could not be adjusted, you instead and once again, resort to childish insults. You really need to grow up a little bit dude.

"Budd Cochran" < snipped-for-privacy@SPAM.citlink.net> wrote in message
No, Tom, I never said one way or another what kind of electrode the plugs had. YOU ASSUMED THEM TO BE ADJUSTABLE, which is typical for you, then decided to offer advice without a sufficient amount of information. That puts the blame squarely upon you for beginning an argument.
All I said was what my brother experienced with the set of plugs he bought when I wasn't nearby to advise him.
Surface gap plugs and multigap plugs both require higher voltages to work as originally designed, that is, 30-80K volts or more. Both were originally designs for use as plasma discharge ignitors for aircraft engines in an effort to reduce or eliminate the need for dual ignition systems on aircraft, fyi.
Modern FACTORY OEM AUTOMOTIVE ignitions are borderline at best for firing them
Now, if this continues as an argument, it's on your head.
Budd

LOL, well Budd, I'm not going down this road with you again. I will just take this as a reminder and let it drop.
"Budd Cochran" < snipped-for-privacy@SPAM.citlink.net> wrote in message
Ah, but will you remember it?
I hope so.
You have, from your track record in the group, always been quick to argue with just about everyone and especially anyone that dares to correct your errors or point out a lack of knowledge you have demonstrated.
Why? All it does is cause hard feelings and doesn't this old world already have enough of that?
Peace, Tom, between us when either of us screws up, ok?
Budd

Agreed

That would be a first. But do try anyway.
--
Max

I will, Scott.
Budd

Wasn't aimed at you Budd. I'm sure you are a gentleman. Others on here.... not so much.
--
Max

While it's true, that it wasn't "aimed" at me, I felt it worthwhile that I make certain my feelings on the matter.
That way, in the future, it can't be claimed that I did not agree to be peacable. It'll be in the Google archives for a lo-o-o-ong time.
VBG
Budd

I hope that you are including yourself in the "not so much" category there Scotty
"Max Dodge" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message

Like I said, almost twice the price.

I did the same thing for the same reasons except for me it was the #5 and #7 cylinders but the same master cylinder and I can say that I was not impressed with the performance. They worked about as well as the factory plugs with 60,000 on them. Of course, I didn't know or think to gap them a little wider to make up for the lower resistance which may have something to do with it and I'm not about to pull them out to do it now. It will be needing new wires soon so perhaps when I change them I might give it a shot. The damn thing still has its original cap and rotor.

I see you still have problems with percentages.

Yet you blame the lack of performance on the plugs.....

I think we know what direction this is going.....
--
Max

In circles? BG
Budd

LOL, what does this have to do with percentages???

I said no improvement in performance and the cap and rotor were within spec at the time of replacement of the plugs.

Or is it the direction that you will try to spin it into?

17.12 is not 200% of 10.80, as you claim.
If you couldn't see that, you don't have a handle on percentages.

Within spec? Thats great, show me a "spec" for a cap and rotor, please.
--
Max

Did the word ALMOST slip by you or did you just redefine that one as well.

That is why I said almost instead of IS, get it yet???

Contacts clean, little to no visible carbon arc trails, no visible wear on the rotor or cap contacts, and no cracks in the cap. Sounds like in spec to me. Now are you going to respond to this with three identical posts too.

17.12 isn't ALMOST 21.60 either. its about 4 short. when moving 10 increments, having 4 more to go is not "ALMOST". GO ahead, argue......

Thats not a spec, thats making a judgment call. "Spec" calls for new, since that is the only condition where things will be perfect.
And yeah, I'll post it four times, if ya want......
--
Max

It is a hell of a lot closer to 21.60 then it is to 10.80, no argument needed.

LOL, even new does not make things perfect and there are always tolerances for these parts for that reason. Just because it is not new does not mean it is still not within those tolerances.

Yep, that's what I want.

Ok, so what are the tolerances and specs again? Please quote exact numbers, not "visual inspection" ideas.
--
Max