2004 CTD ... zerks

Hi,

Perhaps I just don't have an eye for such things, but after spending part of Saturday underneath my truck changing all the fluids, I tried to keep an eye out for grease zerks. I was not able to spot any except for the tie-rod ends, which I already knew about.

Is there more ... if so, where?

Craig C.

2004 Ram 2500, CTD, 4x4, QC
Reply to
craig

Nope - those are the only two.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Suddenly, without warning, snipped-for-privacy@metronet.com exclaimed (17-Oct-05 4:01 PM):

Forgive me for my ignorance, but what's a zerk?

At first, thought I'd misread, and you meant "grease jerks" :)

jmc

Reply to
jmc

It's a "access point" at which to pump in grease. Kinda looks like a

1/4" boob.

Ah ... well the "jerks" that built the truck should have put in more zerks.

Craig C.

Reply to
craig

Now that you put it THAT way, I'm looking foreword to greasing my truck this weekend. Got any oil change or fuel filter analogies that I should know about?

Reply to
Nosey

Tip #1, do not drink the used oil.

Reply to
John

Keep your dipstick clean and only use clean lube.

Craig C.

Reply to
craig

Suddenly, without warning, John exclaimed (17-Oct-05 11:43 PM):

Well, heck, Tip #2, do not drink the unused oil.

Reply to
jmc

If you forget to put the drain plug back in before you fill it with oil, think "golden shower"?

Reply to
Greg Surratt

Are there any places where you can install additional zerks? I remember in years past there were on some vehicles. They were just sealed with a plug because they did not really require routine greasing under normal conditions. Under more demanding conditions it was a good idea to remove the plug and replace it with a zerk and lube it regularly.

John

Reply to
John

Heh, THANKS guys. I think?