2004 Dakota Fuel Sending Unit

I have a 2004 Dakota 4.7 v8. After about 50k miles on the truck my Fuel Sending Unit Started acting up. Once my gas guage gets to about half tank it drops to empty and the gas light and Fuel lights come on. They stay on until i turn the truck off and back on. Any reason why this would happen? Dodge Dealership cant give me a answer. And since i have 62k miles on my truck now my and i did not buy the extra warrenty on the truck I will have to pay the $400 for the part as well as for them to put it on. I am just trying to figure out why it would have went out so soon..

Mike Houston

Reply to
Mike Houston

Because they are built to the absolute minimum spec like pretty much everything on the current DC vehicles and when you do that (to increase profits), you have to expect the failure rate of these items to go up a little.

Reply to
TBone

Because it's an electrical part, and following one of the fundamental laws of the universe, sometimes shit happens.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Yea suppose your right. shit does happen. Did not know for sure if there was a more technical reason why. But thats cool. I'll take that answer. I do put alot of miles on my truck. I commute at least 120 miles aday back and forth to work. And use 87 octane since that is what the manual calls for.

Reply to
Mike Houston

Sorry to bring this old message up again. But was wondering if a Fuel Sending unit off a 2002 or 2003 Dakota would work on a 2004?

Reply to
Mike Houston