2004 Dodge Durango Remote Starter

I tried to put in a remote starter by Crimestopper and the installer said that they couldn't program the starter because my wcm module needed to be replaced. They said that the company that makes the keys
for them stated that all 2004 Dodge Durango made prior to 5/04 needed to replace module because these modules wouldn't allow you to make keys. After calling Dodge they said they researched it and there were no recalls or service bulletins about this and they wouldn't replace it under the warranty. My truck only has 9400 miles on it.
My question is who makes a remote starter that will work in my car without getting the wcm module replaced. Dodge said that they used to carry them but have stopped and they should be coming out with a new model in the next month or so.
My brother in law had this same Crimestopper remote start put in his 99 Durango and his wife's 2003 Durango with no problems.
Please email me at chris snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com, as I don't check this newsgroup to often. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Len