2005 1500 Dodge, Brakes?

I have a 2005 Ram 1500, 4x4 with 50K miles. Last week a notices a slight noise that sounded like a brake squeak when moving slow. I looked at the rotors and pads and they look ok. The noise was not
heard again for several 100 miles. Today I had problems on icy roads with the truck not tracking straight as it was wondering or drifting. On dry roads I could hear a howling noise at 20 30 mph as a slowed down. It also jumped a little while tuning to the left, no the 4h was not engaged. The noise sounded like drive train to me. Could a sticky read caliper cause these symptoms?
On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 06:38:57 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@frontiernet.net wrote:

Could be, how much pad is left on each corner (check both pads, but especially the inside (piston side) ones).

Check your universal joints. It dosen't address the pull, but they can howl at the right speed.