2005 2500 4x4 Quad-cab jack

Can anyone tell me what the purpose of this tiny, insignificant jack is supposed to be?? I finally took it out from underneath the passenger-side seat and couldn't believe what I saw! I almost laughed my head off at Dodge
for even thinking of placing such a useless piece of hardware in such a truck.
M2CW, Hawkeye65
Just a wild guess here, To change tires when flat if so inclined??? :-)

Yeah, right! It won't even reach a jacking point, let alone jack the truck up high enough to change a tire.
Hawkeye65

You can make fun of it if you want to but if it is the same one that they used in the 97, it works just fine and doesn't waste a ton of space.
"Addisons" < snipped-for-privacy@knology.net> wrote in message
Addisons wrote:

size, it does a pretty good job.
--
.boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!

It won't even reach any jacking points, so how am I supposed to use it??? That is what I am griping about!
Hawkeye65

Put it under the axle

I've used mine on one occasion and it worked as intended, thank you very much! Your point is?????
Mike

Mike Simmons wrote:

It works but is a piece of junk. On my 2000 stock 4x4 ram it would not go up anywheres near high enough without a block under it. Gimme the old bumper jack of the old days!! I have a small floor jack and use it instead.
It sounds to me more like you didn't use it right.
"miles" < snipped-for-privacy@nopers.com> wrote in message

Dah! How hard is it to use a bottle jack??? The thing can't even reach a jacking point, let alone raise the truck high enough to change a tire!
Hawkeye65
Like I said, you simply don't know how to use it. It can and does reach what it needs to and if not, you are either not using it correctly or it is defective. Either way, I would either take a look in the users guide or take it back to the dealer and let them either show you how to use it or give you a complete unit.
"Addisons" < snipped-for-privacy@knology.net> wrote in message

yeah, well my jack can beat your wimpy jack any day and twice on thursday man.

Hawkeye, Check the part number with the dealer. Maybe you have the wrong jack.
John
Mine worked fine, both front and rear. Try reading the instructions. It's made to change tires, not replace an exhaust system.
John

truck, let alone raise it any!
That is my point, Hawkeye65

Mike