2005 2500 4x4 Quad-cab jack

Can anyone tell me what the purpose of this tiny, insignificant jack is supposed to be?? I finally took it out from underneath the passenger-side seat and couldn't believe what I saw! I almost laughed my head off at Dodge for even thinking of placing such a useless piece of hardware in such a truck.

M2CW, Hawkeye65

Reply to
Addisons

Just a wild guess here, To change tires when flat if so inclined??? :-)

Reply to
Lorne

You can make fun of it if you want to but if it is the same one that they used in the 97, it works just fine and doesn't waste a ton of space.

Reply to
TBone

I guess you've never used it. Maybe you should try before griping. For it's size, it does a pretty good job.

Reply to
.boB

I've used mine on one occasion and it worked as intended, thank you very much! Your point is?????

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

It works but is a piece of junk. On my 2000 stock 4x4 ram it would not go up anywheres near high enough without a block under it. Gimme the old bumper jack of the old days!! I have a small floor jack and use it instead.

Reply to
miles

It sounds to me more like you didn't use it right.

Reply to
TBone

Mine worked fine, both front and rear. Try reading the instructions. It's made to change tires, not replace an exhaust system.

John

Reply to
John

There is NO way that this jack could even reach the jacking point on my truck, let alone raise it any!

That is my point, Hawkeye65

Reply to
Addisons

It won't even reach any jacking points, so how am I supposed to use it??? That is what I am griping about!

Hawkeye65

Reply to
Addisons

Yeah, right! It won't even reach a jacking point, let alone jack the truck up high enough to change a tire.

Hawkeye65

Reply to
Addisons

Dah! How hard is it to use a bottle jack??? The thing can't even reach a jacking point, let alone raise the truck high enough to change a tire!

Hawkeye65

Reply to
Addisons

Like I said, you simply don't know how to use it. It can and does reach what it needs to and if not, you are either not using it correctly or it is defective. Either way, I would either take a look in the users guide or take it back to the dealer and let them either show you how to use it or give you a complete unit.

Reply to
TBone

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Maybe we should find out how much of a lift kit and what size tires he's running??? ;-)

Greg

Reply to
Greg Surratt

Hawkeye, Check the part number with the dealer. Maybe you have the wrong jack.

John

Reply to
John

Put it under the axle

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

yeah, well my jack can beat your wimpy jack any day and twice on thursday man.

Reply to
thenewguy