2005 Dakota and remote start

Hello group,
I live in Minnesota and its been cold for awhile here. I'm thinking about getting a remote start for my truck. I've found them online for about $269.
The parts from Mopar go for about $300. I called my dealer and they want $400 installed. Is it really that hard to install? I'm pretty knowledgeable and my friends dad used to be a mechanic, so I would think we could figure it out. If anyone knows any tricks or anything else about installing remote starts please let me know.
Thanks,
John
John wrote:

The best advice that I can give you is to go to www.the12volt.com and sign up for a free account. Do your research there and visit the "install bay" forum. Their expertise is priceless, and it's available to you for free.
--
Ken

Heck i stuffed one in my diesel in about 3 hours, starting part took 45 minutes, the hard part was getting the polarity right on the door locks. It has reversing polarity door locks and was rather a pain to get sorted. but i bought the unit from wally-world for 89 bucks,. works excellent. for 300 bucks ya prolly could spend a whole saturday installing it and not feel bad about it. John