2005 Ram 1500 Ashtray Door Wont Stay Closed

Does anyone know what actually keeps the ashtray closed on this model? I use the tray for a change holder and yesterday it opened on its own and now it wont stay closed. I cant seem to find any locking mechanism
on it so I dont know what the problem could be. Any advice would be greatly appreaciated.
This is what happened to me. It is hard to explain. I took out the tray (removable part), then the part that hold the removable part. There was a few coins stuck under there. I took the coins out, then put everything back together again, and the ashtray closed. I know this post sounds illiterate, but it is the best I can explain it.

Same thing happened on my truck - a few coins fell behind it.

says...

Take the ashtray out and remove the coins under it that are making the door stay open..It's happened to about everyone..
BDK

My 2003 won't stay closed,either.
I had the same thing happen on my 98 ram I some how the metal clip came up missing so I bought some self adhesive HD velcro form Mc Master-Carr. It has been working well ever since. Coasty