2005 Ram 3500 Dually

Bright Red, we call her BART (Big Assed Red Truck) It's now 2 years old, I put 65K on it pulling a 15K 5th wheeler all over this country.
And, I still got a smile on my face I can't get off when passing them Fords
going up a mountain and the ole ford is pumping fuel outta the exhaust pipe.....
--
------MoParMaN------

---Signature Pending Yet Another Assine Comment by MIANDERSON---

Only 15k when it's rated for 19k ;-)

I do have reservations when Cummins comes out with the V8. The Ford and GMC (Izusu) really don't compare. It seems straight cylinder engines have had a good history for being reliable and producing more torque. Both the Ford and Chevy gasoline straight sixes were very good long lasting engines... I guess the v8 stuff is for marketing and fad.

The jury's still out here. I'n not going to buy one, but I'll wait and see what those that do say.
--
------MoParMaN------

---Signature Pending Yet Another Assine Comment by MIANDERSON---

dont forget the leaning tower of power. the slant six is a inline desighn.

that may be, id guess its because that's what the manufacturers feel that the consumers want. most people looking to buy a half ton hasn't ever owned a diesel or had experience with one.
--
-Chris