2006 2500 MegaCab 5.9L Cummins loses power

Page 2 of 2
Thanks for the replies. I will report back shortly on my efforts.
I am still thinking along the lines of some fuel gone bad. I don't think the fuel was bad out of the tank -- been fueling there for a
while and never had issues and they seem to sell a lot. Also, the truck was running fine on the same fuel a while back, but the truck was not being driven a lot so the same tank of fuel had been in the tank for several weeks. We got a bunch of wet and cold weather a few weeks ago, starting soon before this started, and I think the fuel just "attracted" the moisture.
The bio in there is from a reputable dealer that most of the bio drivers here (SLC UT area) use. The tank had been 100% full with dino diesel and then over time small 3 to 9 or 10 gallon fillups of various things (some B100 in small amounts, some B50, and some dino diesel) were added as I was trying to keep the tank full to remove available surface area for condensation to happen and just because I like to keep the tank pretty full. The current bio % is probably between 10 and 30 right now. I have all the fueling receipts since purchase and should sit down and caluclate it :-)
I am going to change the fuel filter and see what happens and report back.
Thanks Chad
Ok, with a new fuel filter we seem to be good to go. Went about 65 miles tonight, mostly highway, after the change without issue.
Old filter was gummy looking with gelled fuel or something and/or maybe some ice looking stuff. Must of gotten gummed up before I stuck the additives in.
I'll run a tank or two through it and change it again to see and to put a real Stratopore filter in (this was some other brand [Luber Finer] I could find on the weekend at a local parts store since the Cummins people were not close and the long weekend coming up).
We'll see how this works longer term but I think the problem was the filter getting gummed up. Probably as I had not added much anti-gel stuff and we had a few really cold days and I am not sure what the bio percentage was since it was several small 3-10 gallon adds of various B% and a little straight dino diesel added to a tank of dino diesel...
Thanks all Chad