2006 Cummins

I've got a 2006 Cummins with about 2500 miles on it. In the last week or so it appears to occasionally be missing on a cylinder. Usually it's in the first couple of minutes of driving, but not always. I
guess the prudent thing to do is just bring it to the dealer, and I plan on it, but, any opinions?
sazrac

At 2500 miles, of course take it to the dealer. Probably an injector misfire for some reason.
I always take my dodge vehicles to a 5 star dealer. I've never had a problem.

Unless that Dealer has good Cummins Diesel Mechanics I would rather take it to a authorized Cummins Service Center, myself I had some questionable experience from the Dodge Dealer and their Diesel mechanics. Have 2004 Dodge Cummins never been back to Dealer simply because my 1995 was better serviced by Cummins at least for the Engine. Emil

Emil Eggimann wrote:

My local dealer is also clueless when it comes to Cummins engines. Unfortunately, the warranty does not allow for Cummins to work on it. If you take it to Cummins you get to pay the bill. They are good, but not cheap.
--
Ken

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:46:13 GMT, "Emil Eggimann"

I'll have to say, I was much less than impressed with my Dodge dealer's service experience. It didn't cost me anything, and apparently the problem is solved, for now, but I really didn't feel like they had a decent grip on dealing with a diesel.