2006 dodge ram LH trailer light problem

I have just purchased a 2006 dodge 1500 Ram From the States thru a local dealership here in Canada. When I hooked up my trailer, I realised I had no
rear left signal light and no LH brake light. I took the truck into my mechanic and he said that there is no power coming to the left side from the Truck and suggested I take it into the local Dodge dealership as he did not have the electrical scematics to source the problem. As a Truck from the states, there is no Factory warranty coverage. Before I fall back on my Extended Warranty coverage I took out, is there any body that has had the same problem and could suggest a "quick fix".
On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 13:57:02 +0000, John G. wrote:

Check the fuses. Under-hood fuse box has separate trailer light fuses IRRC.
--
Chris

�When I hooked up my trailer, I realised I had no

Chris
Is this the light on the trailer or the truck? Perhaps it is a ground problem if this is the trailer light.
If not there are several things that need considering. Rear truck and trailer lighting have undergone some changes in the past 10 years and if the trailer was used with an earlier vehicle model this needs to be considered. The trailer and the truck electrics need to be in the same ballpark.
So get a factory service manual and a meter and dig in. If this is not your thing go to a trailer place that can sort it out.
Bob AZ
On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 20:59:47 -0700, Bob AZ wrote:

Bob, one its not my trailer if that's what you were thinking.
and 2 (to clarify any questions about my original post.)
The trailer wiring harness has its own set of fuses separate from the truck fuses. the trailer harness is fused right & left separately for the stop/turn lamps.
--
Chris

The problem was solved. There is plug in module called a TIPM or Totally intergrated power module that controls a lot of the electrical circuits for the truck---one being the trailer circuit that had failed. There was a short in the power module and it had to be replaced $750.00 later.---no quick fix. Thank god for warranty!!!
John