2006 Tailgate

This morning, I helped a friend by going to the nursery with him and getting some decorative rocks. When I dropped the tailgate to dump them, some became lodged in the crack. As I wiggled it downward, I learned that on one side, there is only a slider that keeps the tailgate on. It fell off, and the cables caught it before it smashed my feet.

On most trucks I have owned, they had two pins on plates that were bolted on. This made it harder to come off and harder to be stolen.

If I ever need a tailgate for a 2006 Dodge truck, I could have one off and be gone in less than 15 seconds with that slider pin idea, and the puny little clips on the cables. What a lame design.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

My 2001 Ram has the same thing. Lots of trucks have that lame design, it's for "convenience". Fit a hose clamp around the easy-off hinge, with the screwdriver end pointing down at some hard-to-access direction.

Reply to
Beryl