2007-- 1500 lock chirp

To turn off the "horn chirp" when locking the doors from the remote the owner's manual states, "Hold down the Lock button for atleast 4 seconds, no longer than 10 seconds and press the panic button; release them both at the same time".

I have tried the above procedure countless times, but with no luck. The horn still "honks" when I lock the truck. Any ideas? Please assist...

C.D. Martin, Esq. Dayton, OH

Reply to
C.D. Martin

I would think your dealer that sold you the truck would turn that off for you at no charge. I usually just hook up a scanner and do it that way.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Are you holding the lock button down on the door or are you holding the button down on the remote fob? I don't know which way is supposed to work but maybe it's the other way.

Reply to
Nosey

I am holding the button down on the FOB.

I guess I'll have to take it to the dealer. (they said thought it should work as the manual states)

Reply to
C.D. Martin

Your truck must have been assembled in Mexico.

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

Had the same problem with my 2001 truck. Followed the directions very carefully, multiple attempts. Didn't change anything. When I had a remote start installed, it quit doing it.

Reply to
.boB

Maybe they left out a step, like you need to have the ignition key in the aux or run position. I don't know, just guessing.

Reply to
Ed H.

When you find a cure for it, let me know. I'm having the same problem with mine.

Reply to
Roger Rabbid

No, I didn't leave out a step according to the manual.

If/when I figure it out, I'll post it.

Mean while, if anyone figures it out before me, please post it.

C.D. Martin

Reply to
C.D. Martin

I didn't mean you left out a step rather, the manual may have left out a step. I wasn't trying to question your ability to read, especially in light of the fact that at least a few others here can't re-program theirs either.

Reply to
Ed H.

It's a two step configuration that has to happen within 4 but not more than 10 seconds and accomplishes nothing.. at least thusfar it hasn't turned off the chirp in my 07. I've tried two dozen times.. zip! de naddah.

There's a couple of other annoyances I want disabled.. the tip-start. it serves no useful purpose to me and seems like a problem down the road waiting to happen. The other is the cold/warm start method of reving the engine up over 1000 rpm and having to wait forever for it to drop back to an normal idle to put it into gear. every time I start my 4.7 it revs up to 1200 rpms, and then slowly steps back down to around 650 rpms... it took me a week and another party reading off the directions for killing the seatbelt warning chime..THAT WAS ANNOYING!.

Reply to
Roger Rabbid