2007 Dodge 3500 Chimes

Anybody know how to disable the damn seatbelt chime/gong? I'm driving around on the ranch, in and out of the rig constantly and the chime is driving me nuts.
Thanks, Bob

My 2004 there is a procedure to do this, and it was in the owner's manual. I'll check the manual tomorrow and see if I can find it. You can also do it with a scan tool (the right one, probalby not a generic one...) but the owner's manual method takes only the key, and a few minutes.
(Yea, drove me nuts too, I don't belt in when plowing...)
This may be the procedure that I followed (sounds right, did a google search):
The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be enabled or disabled by your authorized dealer or by following these steps:
NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or START position. The manufacturer does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert).
1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and fasten the drivers seat belt.
2. Start the engine, and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the drivers seat belt at least three times, ending with the seat belt buckled.
4. Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming. The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.
NOTE: Although the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) has been deactivated, the Seat Belt Warning Light will continue to illuminate while the drivers seat belt remains unfastened.

Hmmmm.... I used the belt when plowing. Of course I never got out of the truck.

I had problems twisting my older body around while backing up... I do have to jump out too to shovel mail boxes... I won't go anywhere on the highway or road without a seatbelt however. Firm beliver in them (a few years racing off-road, and on, taught me the value of seatbelts.)

Guess when your older that can be a problem. I just use the mirrors.

Repeat after me "Never get out of the truck", "Never get out of the truck" I spent my 8 or 20 hours or however long in my truck nice and dry and warm. Of course those day's are behind me now. I still actually feel for the rabbit as he still has his plows on while I have my skinny ass at the beach<VBG>

Yup, have a 5 point in the jeep. Seat belts are a must everywhere.
Even the friggin' rabbit wears one. Custom made to go around but it works.<BFG>

Next door neighbor still wonders what happened to her mail box... <g>

Shhh...don't tell. I blamed a fat guy in a pink bunny suit!<BFG>

I thought he shares his jobs with the Icehole, eh, Snohole, eh puddle, or something like that, certainly not a man. It sure has been nice in here since dat wabbit started keeping his neighbor busy. <GBMFG>
FMB (North Mexico)

Now that you mention it, neither one of the neighbors have been posting much. I know the friggin' rabbit has been real busy fixing the stuff he screws up while plowing. There are probably too many fast food wrappers on the dash and he can't see and runs into things. Now he's into reloading ammo in anticipation of another season of being out shot by his daughter.
With regard to the idiot, I figure he took some of his own advice and really screwed up.
Roy

A friend has a Dodge magnum and has the seat belts fastened and tucked into the upholstery between the seat and seat-back.. Low tech, but it might work for you...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

Thanks for the tip, Mac, but I still need the belt when I hit the roads.
-Bob

no problem... just unclip it and put it on and Bob's your uncle.. Sorry, had to say that...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Just take the center belt and insert it into your lock. That's what I did on mine years ago. Been there ever since.
Laszlo Almasi