2008 R250 Bluetec, new to me

I just deposited on this truck. My former truck was a PowerChoke with very few issues for 250Kmi, tin worm ate it ;-) I note a common add-on is an exhaust brake. I had one on my Ford and
was strongly advised that all heat generated went into the Tranny. I only used in in emergencies. BTW, mine is 6spd auto
Comments? -- Pete Arnold ()
31' Forest River, Cardinal Fiver
Looking for a new truck....
Member of Escapees & National Camping Travelers, A Masonic Family Camping Club

IMHO exhaust brakes are good, if the TC is locked, there will be virtually no heat buildup in the transmission. Of course you could also add an additional transmission cooler to help out as well.
I guess one issue is how hilly is it where you are, and what kinds of loads are you hauling?