2008 ram rears drum pads

so the brake shop finally beat the disk of the rear wheels of my ram to change the disk. now the pads have fallen off their position as the back piece they are attached too was bent in the process. does
the axel have to be removed in order to put the pins back in place to put these shoes back on, if he can straighten out the back plate enough? Seems like a stupid design if that is the case?
On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 19:24:56 -0700 (PDT), mr burns

Using a puller instead of a BFH would probably have been the best solution! Sorry, I can't answer your first question. As to the stupid design question: yes, there are a bunch of stupid design issues with these trucks.