$25 to Help Me Identify This Vehicle - 1953

1953 Dodge
Info tag states
TYPE BD4 (translates to 1-ton vehicle, 1953)
VEH#/CHASSIS 81469947 (translates to being a 1953 B-D-4 built in Detroit)
B-4-D-126 (translates to 126 inch wheelbase)
MODEL DWS109 (here I am lost - never saw that model code before)
Pictures are here -
http://www.inet-lender.com/1953Dodge /
So far, I purchased the DUNN books (no mention or pictures of this type) and the 1953 Dodge Trucks Shop Manual (no reference to this type)
Pretty Please?
Add pictures here
āœ–
On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 23:56:32 GMT, "YouSuckI'mOK"

Just to be sure - check the wheelbase. I'm sure it is longer than 126" That baby's been modified. like an early fifties Mercedes, and possibly custom bodied at that, grafted to a lengthened Dodge chassis - possibly a forward control commercial chassis, lime the early Travco.
I've found another picture of a similar van - supposedly a grumman? Different grille. See it at:
http://www.chrishodgephotos.co.uk/pixcma/04099.jpg and
http://www.chrishodgephotos.co.uk/pixcma/04100.jpg
Then again, about 2/3 of the way down the page at http://www.oldtrucks.com/bigrigs/46-50.shtml is a ford bread truck that looks amazingly similar.

Add pictures here