$25 to Help Me Identify This Vehicle - 1953

1953 Dodge

Info tag states

TYPE BD4 (translates to 1-ton vehicle, 1953)

VEH#/CHASSIS 81469947 (translates to being a 1953 B-D-4 built in Detroit)

B-4-D-126 (translates to 126 inch wheelbase)

MODEL DWS109 (here I am lost - never saw that model code before)

Pictures are here -

So far, I purchased the DUNN books (no mention or pictures of this type) and the 1953 Dodge Trucks Shop Manual (no reference to this type)

Pretty Please?

Reply to
YouSuckI'mOK

Just to be sure - check the wheelbase. I'm sure it is longer than 126" That baby's been modified. like an early fifties Mercedes, and possibly custom bodied at that, grafted to a lengthened Dodge chassis

- possibly a forward control commercial chassis, lime the early Travco.

I've found another picture of a similar van - supposedly a grumman? Different grille. See it at:

and
Then again, about 2/3 of the way down the page at
is a ford bread truckthat looks amazingly similar.>

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce