2500/3500 4x4 Front Hubs Failing?

Page 2 of 2

Or couldn't you just pull the fuses for the ABS system? That had already been done on my '94 1500 4x4 when I bought it. My pads/rotors are 30K+ and still look like they have lots of life left.

This ain't a Bruce Willis movie...

i was under the belief that just pulling the fuses didn't kill the ABS. we pulled the fuses out of all of our airbags and still had one deploy. now i get a little more agressive about defusing the bombs in the steering wheel. michael

Maybe I'm talking about relays then. In the black "fuse box" inside the engine compartment on a (1994) Ram. I guess I've always just referred to those as fuses. And not to question your knowledge, but I've been waiting for a chance to test this out, we just haven't gotten any doggone rain here in forever!!

OK, found out what I was talking about was the relays (although there are also big ol' fuses in the PD box). Sorry if I misled anyone with that! I'm curious now though, what's the reasoning behind saying that pulling the fuses for ABS won't work? It works for pretty much everything else. Is it just because it's a safety system?

*just trying to revive thread...
I had a similar problem at 39K on my '04 3500 4x4 , but with the U joints on the front axle. They clearly failed because of the lack of lubrication. The factory joints (Precision) do not have a grease fitting. In my case, the problem was resolved under warranty. Steve

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 18:02:58 +0200, "Steve Lusardi"

Yep, that too... Last summer, thought they failed the previous winter. Warranty (since expired) covered it. Both U joints failed at under 25K miles.
I'm beginning to understand why I'm fustrated: front axle U joints, and hubs all failed and for a very preventable reason: improper lubrication from the factory.
I may plow but I don't beat the truck...