2500 prices?

Folks,
I've been looking over older Dodge 2500's for sale and prices seem to be all over the map. Kelly Blue Book and Edmunds give what seem to be
reasonable prices for 12V trucks but owners and businesses seem to go way beyond private party values or retail values.
What gives?
Tim
well heres how mine went:
ASKing Price $11,499.00
Nogotated price $7,749.00
The Max the bank would go $6,500
NADA at time of purchase(7/05)    $11,500.00
--
Billy
1995 Ram 2500 4x4 Cumins