3.9 and 5.2 Dakota transfer case-interchangeable?

I have a '98 Dakota with the 3.9 and I need a transfer case. I am wondering if one from the 5.2 Dakotas will bolt right up and function just as my old one did. Anyone have an answer to this?
John

There were two cases available for the 3.9 and the 5.2 in '98. the 231 which is the 2H, 4H, and 4L and the 242 case which has the part-time feature. Both will interchange from the 3.9 to the 5.2.
Denny