30,000 mile check on 04 Ram

I am bringing my ram in for it's 30,000 mile service. I was quoted $504.00 at the stealership. Is this a bit high or normal. It is a 4x4 with the Hemi
engine. Just don't want to get ripped off.?
Hp wrote:

The whole 30,000 mile maintenance, as required in the maintenance schedule came to $636.91!!
Hp wrote:

Most dealerships add a ton of non-needed, non value added services as part of their 15K, 30K etc. services. They don't seem to perform the required services as specified by the manufacture. Instead they have their own 30K service that they perform on most any car regardless of what the manual may or may not say. Then they add a ton of worthless 'services' to pump up the price.
For me, I just take care of the things on an as needed basis. A car shouldn't need $500+ worth of service every 15K or so.

Your market will determine the price of the 30K service, but just make sure that the services performed are ONLY the ones required in the owner's manual. Many times shops will add a bunch of "fluff" that is really not needed. Just do what is necessary and pass on the fluff when it is offered.
Mike

I agree with Miles. I have 4 vehicles and never...never have I taken them to the dealer for anything other than warranty work. If you just to a routine of regular oil changes, flush radiator once every other year, have the tranny serviced on a routine basis by your local reputable mechanic and your ride will last a long time.