350k to rebuild on new Cummins? ?

Dodge Introduces Cleaner, Quieter and More Powerful 6.7-liter Cummins Turbo-Diesel Engine at State Fair of Texas
Engine available in January on new 2007 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 models
* Increased output with 350 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque * New, fuel-saving six-speed automatic transmission features best-in-class gear-ratio spread; standard Electronic Range Select (ERS) * First-ever integrated exhaust brake available direct from the factory * 50-percent quieter engine; 3 Dba reduction in cabin sound levels * Life-to-major overhaul intervals of 350,000 miles, providing more than a 100,000-mile advantage over the competition
If this is true then Chevy and Fords only go 250k between overhauls. Isn't this a reduction over the older 12V's like I have in my 96?
John

they would only get that far if they are run and maintained right

What is "they"??