360 thermostat location

Page 3 of 5

Max, if you don't buy it, that's fine - you're not important enough for me to give a rat's ass about it.

obviously, he is
he has you dancing like the trained pup you are................

Another one without a life. LOL!

LOL, is this your lame attempt at reverse psychology????

you too, eh ?

I thought so

NY Does on vehicles that are tested. The new computer system actually helps in that respect since it can bring up data on what is supposed to be on the vehicle in regards to emissions controls. Then you just look it over and see if those parts are there.
As for mods that are considered tampering. Chips, Injector changes, Exhaust mods ahead of the cat., SOME air intake kits, Thermostat altering are on the list. NY now plugs into your vehicle and runs it. They check to see what parameters are out of spec. and how far. They also look at trouble codes and drive cycles, IF for example you just cleared a trouble code and haven't driven through a drive cycle they can make you take it out and drive it and retest. Upstate has just started with the onboard testing of vehicles with OBD ports. I can see the full dyno testing coming real soon.
-

And I'll never live in NY either. Again, no loss.

it also checks the ECM ID against what is supposed to be there
wrong, Brainiac
you are not changing to a non-specified part
try again

LOL! WTF are you talking about? The sheer brilliance of your post just shines through...
Right.

once more, Einstein:
when you 'change plugs and wires', you are REPLACING with a 'specified part'that is the same as the original in the eyes of the EPA
when you swap to a lower-temp thermostat, you are changing to a 'non-specified part', you are making MODICATIONS that will affect emissions
I hopw this helps with your obvious comprehension difficulty

Ok, now you will be getting the cleaning bill for my monitor and keyboard and you owe me another cup of coffee :-)

Why would anyone do that?

For the same reasons that they would put the wrong thermostat in it.

grueling years to get through tranny school at high school tech. Now he thinks he has a doctorate. The only reason he passed was that he out grew the other kids and could no longer fit the desk.
beekeep

No, that is why he is no longer there. I doubt that he passed.

beekeep

As does the sheer ignorance of yours.
--
Max