42RE

Hi,

I just passed 199,000 miles with this transmission in my '97 Dakota 2WD longbed. How are these holding up?

Thanks,

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

I don't know how much this helps but my wife's A-518 (46 RH) went 228,000 before overhaul. It had converter shudder and slipping under full throtle towing (didn't tow much anyway and it's not hard to avoid full throttle while towing) for about 30,000 miles before overhaul. One day it flared on an upshift and I overhauled it shortly afterward. As to hard parts it was in pretty fair shape, had to replace the converter and overdrive planetarys.

Reply to
BigIronRam