44 vp boush

help i'm on my 3rd pump, on my 98 1/2 24 valve and its kick out the codes again that cause the last 2 change outs is dodge or cummins being held resoponsable for this design failaur any help please and what is the best
way to fix it snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
Install a fuel pressure gauge so you can monitor things. Have you changed the lift pump?

Get a commercial version from Cummins, they are built better than the Chrysler OEMs, and cheaper too.

Huh?? It is a bosch pump. What are you talking about???
vp-44 bosch injection pump (4 you school teachers)

My point was it is not made by Chrysler. Seems you paid attention to that but ignored my other post. What's up with your lift pump????

He's probably talking about the Fedex pump. As I understand it EVERYONE now incorporates the more reliable electronics of the original / replacement Fedex units. There's also a bushing that went from bronze to steel IIRC. I haven't followed the VP44 saga too closely because mine seems to be working fine so far.

Yup, and it has been my experience that a a failed or failing lift pump are the death of them.
so its agreed that the lift pump is the first step, what is the word on the in the tank pump any better?? i have in and out gauges on the filter and i kept min of 5 lbs but is goes up and down with cold starts up and drops with petal to the metal

Relocate the stock Carter to the frame rail. install PSI guage. do away with banjo bolts and restrictive stock steel lines. My '98.5 is done like that after the last VP44 failure just after I got the truck. Now I've got 14psi at idle and cannot draw it under 10psi at WOT. I used Metric/ -8 JIC fittings to replace the banjo bolts and 1/2" Goodyear gatorgrip diesel fuel line., from the tank to the pump.