44 vp boush

help i'm on my 3rd pump, on my 98 1/2 24 valve and its kick out the codes again that cause the last 2 change outs is dodge or cummins being held resoponsable for this design failaur any help please and what is the best way to fix it snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
david loyd

Install a fuel pressure gauge so you can monitor things. Have you changed the lift pump?

Reply to
Roy

Get a commercial version from Cummins, they are built better than the Chrysler OEMs, and cheaper too.

Reply to
Joseph Myers

Huh?? It is a bosch pump. What are you talking about???

Reply to
Roy

vp-44 bosch injection pump (4 you school teachers)

Reply to
david loyd

He's probably talking about the Fedex pump. As I understand it EVERYONE now incorporates the more reliable electronics of the original / replacement Fedex units. There's also a bushing that went from bronze to steel IIRC. I haven't followed the VP44 saga too closely because mine seems to be working fine so far.

Reply to
BigIronRam

My point was it is not made by Chrysler. Seems you paid attention to that but ignored my other post. What's up with your lift pump????

Reply to
Roy

Yup, and it has been my experience that a a failed or failing lift pump are the death of them.

Reply to
Roy

Reply to
david loyd

Relocate the stock Carter to the frame rail. install PSI guage. do away with banjo bolts and restrictive stock steel lines. My '98.5 is done like that after the last VP44 failure just after I got the truck. Now I've got 14psi at idle and cannot draw it under 10psi at WOT. I used Metric/ -8 JIC fittings to replace the banjo bolts and 1/2" Goodyear gatorgrip diesel fuel line., from the tank to the pump.

Reply to
Luke