47re/48re - torque converters

banks performance lists the same part numbers for the 48re that they list for the 47re. does this mean that i can get an OEM 48re torque converter and use it in a 47re? by objective is to upgrade my torque converter, but my cost on the banks t/c is 1200. thanks.

Nathan In Montana

Nathan W. Collier

You really should be asking them. But if you are going to upgrade the TC, I would suggest a valve body also, because you really do not want to be burning up a TC that costs that much.

I would say go with the DTT one and a valve body because Banks is very new to the TC business. Are they making them, or someone doing it for them? In 2007 I burned up my transmission and DTT TC. I could see the cause. The factory valve body was just not providing enough cooler fluid to the TC during hard driving conditions. The area where the fluid goes in and out of the TC was extremely discolored and damaged, not to mention the disks were burned out also.

I did not have the funds at the time to replace the DTT TC, so I had to go with the OEM one...The truck ran like crap with it on.

Reply to
GeekBoy

banks wants to sell me their torque converter. if it will work, id like to get a salvage T/C from a 48RE.

what valve body would you recommend?

...where the heck is tom lately?

Nathan In Montana

Nathan W. Collier

Lurking... :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Oh..i see...

I was under the impression that you wanted to buy one. Call and transmission shop and ask.

Reply to
GeekBoy