5.9 gas exhaust parts

Just got back from the exhaust shop to have the leaky donuts between the manifolds and the "Y" pipe replaced on my B3500 exhaust.

Exhaust shop wrench says "no donuts used", shows me the book (confirm, no donuts), and says I'm outta luck.

How do I repair this exhaust leak????

Thanx, Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Townsend

Muffler/tailpipe sealant. Loosen the clamps, run a bead of the stuff around the outside edge of the flange, tighten it back up. Let it set up before running the engine.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Find a different muffler shop !!! IF the flange is screwed up They can weld another type in it's place

Reply to
sqdancerLynn